Hey ya'll, I know it's been a while. And I do feel bad about that.
The truth of the matter is we had to move. It's been a real struggle to get everything set up and going again, especially since we had to go for a smaller location than we had previously. It's been a bit of a logistical nightmare, with half of everything currently in boxes in a storage unit.
Now that I've given the reason for silence (this time), here's some fun stuff.
Apparently a few were even sold overseas, which definitely surprised me. So, shout out to whoever bought a copy in Germany. You definitely rocked my world. I didn't realize I had a fan or two over there so thank you.
I have been working on my podcast about Self Publishing, and I know I've really been bad about updating links on the appropriate page for that. Thank you if you've managed to follow along anyway, because I've somehow managed to keep putting up an episode a week, occasionally two. It's not been easy, and I'm more than open to discuss anything you think I may have missed so far, so feel free to let me know in either comment or email form. I'd appreciate it. After all, I'm only one person trying to remember everything pertinent in a really vast world.
Now, knowing that some will consider it early, I do want to let you know what I'm currently focusing on, because I've tried to get that out there (when I remember). Yeah, I feel scatter-brained a lot lately.
- So, still working on turning my Tarragon Trilogy into movie scripts. They're in the form but need to be trimmed down. Alas, the movie industry is not interested in making a three to four hour movie so... I need to trim them down.
- I've dusted off several different manuscripts I've worked on over the years and am trying to find the accompanying notes so I can actually finish them. Some need more work than others, so here's hoping I can get at least one of them closer to publication in 2023.
- I am still trying to teach myself how to draw mice for my next children's illustrated book, a process I'm finding more difficult than I care to admit. Drawing the correct mice is important to me. I don't want to just imitate someone else and I don't want to make them look too cartoony either so it's interesting to try and find that balance where I can consistently draw in the same style. You know I've used several different styles over the years so it's been more than a little interesting.
- I am still working on editing another author's works that will hopefully be ready for publication starting some time next year (by other author, I mean my husband, who is writing high fantasy). The story is compelling and spans something like five or six books, so it's definitely something to look forward to, because I'm not just a writer but a publisher.
- I'm getting ready to start working on a new podcast, when I feel like I've run out of material for the Self Publishing one. This one will focus on the writing craft, so feel free to let me know if there are anything specific things you wish someone would cover and I'll see what I can do.
And yeah... that's what I'm trying to get done. Things are going a bit slower than I'd like in some ways. There are practically only two months left in the year. Man, it's coming fast. And I hope to get back into selling books in person next year as well. Lots of plans in the works and I'm hoping I can manage them all. After all, I am only one person, but we shall see. I am determined, and I have a really supportive hubby, who I can hopefully persuade to work on his edits too. ;- )
Post a Comment