Hey all! I know the last few posts have been about my books and/or contests around my books. I thought it was time to shake things up just a little. I wanted to help you to get to know me a bit better. So here's a bit more about me.
1. As some of you know, I'm an introvert. But what most people don't know is that when I was a child, I was so painfully shy that I wouldn't talk to anyone, let alone let them touch me. In kindergarten, I kept passing my teacher at least several times before I finally felt comfortable enough to just go up and say hi to her.
Thanks to working for McDonald's for eleven years, I'm nowhere near as bad as all that, but I'm still pretty shy. However, if you can get me talking about something I care about, or about one of my books, I can talk your ears off.
2. Among my many hobbies, I like to cook and bake, draw, throw some pottery on the wheel, and sew. I sewed the dress worn by my model on the cover of Kas. I also designed and put together all of the covers for my books. Though I'm nowhere near as good at sewing as my mom, I have helped a friend make her wedding dress and have made semi-formals for several friends over the years.
3. I like chocolate. I mean really like chocolate. If I could get my hands on the European varieties on a regular basis, I would be in heaven. They used to have a chocolate bar with Irish Cream filling that was just bliss! Alas, they don't make it anymore. Another one that I loved, which I haven't seen in years, is the mint chocolate cookie Hershey Bar. Thank goodness they brought back those Crispy M&M's!
4. I'm not a math whiz by any sense of the word. Math was my bitter enemy in school. I only managed to pass college level math thanks to a fantastic high school teacher who taught the class as concurrent enrollment during my senior year of high school. Everyone in my class flunked the college exam, which looked like some alien language no one could understand. But, thanks to that awesome teacher, we all got passing grades on our college transcripts!
5. I love word searches. I have this giant book of word searches my husband got for me like two or three years ago. I'm still trying to go through it all. It's over 500 puzzles and I only work on it once a week, usually on a Sunday. But I've been through who knows how many smaller puzzle books over the years.
So, now that you know a bit more about me, how about you let me know a bit more about you guys? Tell is about yourself in the comments!